Don’t we all love weddings? And Indian weddings happen to be grand and colourful celebrations that go on for days and often for as long as a week! The Great Indian Wedding Tour is an exciting way to learn why we are obsessed with our weddings and what’s a must to – do list for a bride/groom to be! This tour is Indian Weddings 101.
We take you through a market that’s become the go-to destination for all things wedding! The market itself is so exciting because it’s an urban rural melting pot where one can witness many subcultures of the city. Once a part of one of the ancient cities of Delhi, today Shahpur Jat is home to a farming community living harmoniously surrounded by a market that’s bustling with stores of many artists, fashion designers and hip cafes, One minute, you’re checking out beautiful jewels and another you’re next to a school that’s leading you a 14th century tomb!
Much like our weddings, the tour has everything for everyone!
- Visit an apparel design studio to learn about the colours and weaves of the wedding outfits, crazy client requests, trends in the wedding industry and the secrets a bride/groom won’t reveal!
- The best of the shoes, jewelry, and more!: Your guide will introduce you to critical touchpoints of typical wedding preparation. We’ve selected some of the best stores at the market where we’ll briefly feast our eyes on gorgeous stuff wedding dreams are made of!
- Fun and engaging workshops and interactions: Participate in fun activities such as an Indian stitch workshop to acquaint yourself with Indian weaves, a wedding dance class or maybe a fun Indian Vedic astrology reading!
- Gorge on some mithai that is Indian dessert, a key symbolic detail of a wedding celebration!
- Shop till you drop!:The guide can’t possibly show you around each store so we would block some free time at the end of the tour when you can walk around and witness all that the market has to offer! It’s also a great way to see soon-to -be brides and grooms with their restless families making sense from one boutique to another in the narrowest lanes of the market.
- Interact with history:Witness the many faces of the market, as your find designer stores leading you to stumble your way to meet a 14th century tomb called Tohfewala Gumbad which translates to the gifted mosque. Who gifted the mosque to who remains a mystery which we’ll try and unravel as the tour is all about celebrating love and also, gifts!
You’d be Indian wedding – ready right after this tour and we suggest while you’re traveling in Delhi, arguably the wedding destination of India, you get yourself an invitation at a grand Indian wedding. When you realise you’re fitting in perfectly, don’t forget to think of us!