We take you through a market that’s become the go-to destination for all things wedding! The market itself is so exciting because it’s an urban rural melting pot where one can witness many subcultures of the city. Once a part of one of the ancient cities of Delhi, today Shahpur Jat is home to a farming community living harmoniously surrounded by a market that’s bustling with stores of many artists, fashion designers and hip cafes, One minute, you’re checking out beautiful jewels and another you’re next to a school that’s leading you a 14th century tomb!
- Interact with a Fashion Designer to learn about the colours and weaves of the wedding outfits, crazy client requests, what’s currently trending in the wedding industry and secrets a bride/ groom won’t reveal!
- Under the watchful eyes of an expert, participate in the Indian Wedding Stitch Workshop as you acquaint yourself with Indian weaves, motifs and embroideries
- The best of the shoes, jewelry, skincare and more!: Your guide will introduce you to critical touchpoints of typical wedding preparation. We’ve selected some of the best stores at the market where we’ll briefly feast our eyes on gorgeous stuff wedding dreams are made of!
- Gorge on delicious food that is representative of meals served typically at an Indian wedding!
- Shop till you drop!:The guide can’t possibly show you around each store so we would block some free time at the end of the tour when you can walk around and witness all that the market has to offer! Not interested in shopping? It’s also a great way to see soon-to -be brides and grooms with their restless families making sense from one boutique to another in the narrowest lanes of the market.
- Interact with history:Witness the many faces of the market, as your find designer stores leading you to stumble your way to meet a 14th century tomb called Tohfewala Gumbad which translates to the gifted mosque. Who gifted the mosque to who remains a mystery which we’ll try and unravel as the tour is all about celebrating love and also, gifts!